Assistant Director of Development
Classic Stage Company (CSC) seeks a dynamic and creative Assistant Director of Development who will play a key role in achieving the fundraising goals for our organization. Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Managing Director and Development team, the Assistant Director of Development will be central to all fundraising operations including individual giving, institutional support, planned giving, in-kind donations, and special events including the annual gala.
• Execute all direct mail campaigns including list management, coordination with marketing department, and coordination with outside vendors
• Manage database of donor records and perform donor analysis to guide development strategy
• Attend and support Board and Fundraising Committee meetings and events
• Conduct funder research and coordinate timely completion of funder proposals
• Ensure thoughtful and timely acknowledgment letters and receipts are generated for all gifts received
• Play a key role in coordination and execution of annual gala event including ticketing, auction, and raffle management
• Track program outcomes and collateral for grant reporting purposes
• 2 – 4 years’ experience in fundraising, development, or arts administration
• Experience planning and executing direct mail appeals including gift processing and benefit fulfillment
• Experience planning and managing fundraising events
• Experience managing foundation, government, and corporate funding applications
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Goal- and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Time flexibility, including some evenings and weekends
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
• Experience in database management, preferably with OvationTix
• Background or strong interest in the arts, particularly classical theatre and arts education
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, highly-motivated self-starter
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Classic Stage Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity. Minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, salary commensurate with experience. To apply please submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Assistant Director of Development Candidate.
Contrary to the name, Classic Stage Company does not have a standing company of actors; we cast each production separately. We are an Actors’ Equity Association theatre, which means we are not permitted to cast non-Equity members in our productions. We use casting directors for most of our productions. If you’d like to be considered for a role in an upcoming production, and are a member of Actors’ Equity Association, please find the casting call notices posted at Actors’ Equity Association. We do not accept headshots or resumes via mail or email.
Classic Stage Company does not accept unsolicited scripts.
Production positions, such as Production Managers, Stage Managers (AEA only), Production Assistants, Propmasters, Wardrobe Supervisors, Technical Directors and Master Electricians are filled out of resumes as needed. To be considered for production positions, please send a cover letter and resume to Classic Stage Company, Attention: General Management, 136 East 13th Street, New York, NY 10003 or via email at email@example.com
Classic Stage Company offers internships in a variety of departments. Click here for more information.
Classic Stage Company uses a number of volunteer ushers to assist guests to their seats during productions. While we make best efforts to give our volunteer ushers an opportunity to see the productions, in the case of sold-out shows, ushers sometimes do not get to sit in the theatre. To sign up for an usher slot, please email the House Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high level of interest in our volunteer program, we only respond to email inquiries. You will receive a confirmation of your scheduled performance via email.