Classic Stage Company is an intimate Off-Broadway theatre located at the crossroads of New York City’s most exciting and beautiful locations, the East and West Villages and Union Square. We are conveniently located on 13th street between 3rd and 4th Avenues and accessible by the N, R, Q, 4, 5, 6 and L trains. The large, column-free space is ideal for productions and special events, inluding:
|• Hourly rehearsals
• Full productions
• Film shoots, photo shoots, television shoots
• Corporate and special events
• Casting calls
|• ¾ Thrust Stage
• Playing space is approximately 25′ wide X 30′ deep
• 174-199 seats on risers (side sections are removable, leaving 109 seats in center section and 42′ X 30′ playing space)
• Spacious and newly redesigned lobby with premiere espresso bar
• Grid 20′ above the stage deck
• Lighting package, dimmers and light board
• Monitor and paging system between booth, stage and dressing rooms
• 3 dressing rooms/2 bathrooms including shower
• Laundry facilities on site
• Heating and air conditioning system
• Wheelchair accessible
• Assistive Listening Device*
• Music stands, folding chairs, folding tables, as available
For-profit arts organizations:
|• Weekly: $8,000.00
• Daily: $80.00 an hour (up to 8 hours total, 10am-6pm weekdays) / $95.00 an hour (evening and weekend hours)
Not-for-profit arts organizations:
|• Weekly: $7,000.00
• Daily: $40.00 an hour (up to 8 hours total, 10am-6pm weekdays) / $55.00 an hour (evening and weekend hours)
Staged reading or performance (minimum of 4 hours):
|$65.00/performance fee for house manager for up to 4 hours, then $15.00/hour for extra hours
$75.00/performance fee or $200.00/week fee for use of in-house lighting
Other staffing (box office services, production staff) available at a fee to be negotiated
$100.00 fee per week for use of laundry facilities
Rates are subject to change until contract is signed.
Obligations & Policies
|• The renter must obtain General Liability Insurance while in the theatre.
• Classic Stage Company is not responsible for the safety of any of renter’s property left anywhere on the premises at any time.
• At no time will renter’s audience, whether paid or not, exceed 199 persons.
• New York City fire code does not allow anyone to stand or sit on stairs.
• The total number of renter’s personnel, audience members, and Classic Stage Company’s personnel can total no more than 290 persons at one time.
Front of House Management
|• Classic Stage Company will provide a House Manager for each public performance, as provided in the renter’s contract.
• The House Manager will secure the building after each performance.
• The House Manager will not be responsible for distributing tickets or any aspect of ticket sales.
• The tenant is encouraged to enter into an independent agreement with TheaterMania to provide box office services for ticketed events.
• Displays and signage in lobby must be arranged with and approved by Classic Stage Company. Existing displays may not be removed without permission of Classic Stage Company.
All stage equipment must be operated in a safe and responsible manner. The renter is expected to provide sufficient, trained, experienced technical personnel to adequately meet the demands of production. Classic Stage Company has the right to refuse access to any individual judged unable to properly operate the equipment.
|• Ladders: 2 10’ ladders, 1 24’ extension ladder
• Dimmers: 24-2.4k Sensor Dimmers
• Power Supply: 3-phase (150 amps/leg), 132 house circuits attached to the grid
• Control: ETC Acclaim 2-scene preset Lighting Board
• Lighting Inventory: Eight (8) fresnels that serve as house lights;
• 9-Source 4 Pars; 4-Source 4, 26°; 2-Source 4, 36°
• Monitor System: stage/house monitor system to dressing rooms with page mic
• Assisted Listening System*: 2 microphones, 1 emitter, 11 headsets
• Folding chairs, tables, music stands as available
• House equipment subject to change and availability
Plans available upon request.
We recommend you do your own site survey.
For more information, contact: Jeff Griffin, Managing Director
* Assistive listening devices for this theatre were generously provided by the Louise and Arde Bulova Fund, Inc., Assistive Listening Program, a project of A.R.T./New York.