For 45 years, CSC has been the place in New York City for classics up close, and so much more. Taking on the kind of large-scale, epic productions that are rarely seen on professional stages, and making them accessible to audiences of all ages and backgrounds, including over 3,000 public school students annually, requires much more support than can be raised from ticket sales alone. By becoming a Friend of CSC with a tax-deductible contribution, you can ensure that this legacy is preserved and continued for another generation.
• Call (212) 677-4210 x12
• Mail your check to: Development Department, Classic Stage Company, 136 East 13th Street, New York, NY 10003
• We gratefully accept planned gifts, donations of stock, in-kind contributions, and underwriting of our events, productions, and programming. Please contact Audrey Carmeli for more information.
CLICK HERE for the benefits of donating to CSC.
About Classic Stage Company
Our body of work has earned CSC the reputation as a theatre that “can banish any doubt about resurrecting adventuresome classical programming in New York” (The Village Voice), as “one of New York’s distinguished repertory companies” (The New Yorker) and the place “where New York’s theatrical aristocracy comes to play” (Variety). The generosity of individual donors like you enables us to expand and diversify our programming each season, including:
• Critically-acclaimed Shakespeare productions such as THE TEMPEST with Tony Award-winning actor Mandy Patinkin; HAMLET, RICHARD II and RICHARD III with Obie Award-winning actor Michael Cumpsty; the very first production of DOUBLE FALSEHOOD since its official inclusion in Shakespeare’s canon; and the upcoming A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM with two-time Tony-Award winner Bebe Neuwirth as Titania.
• World premieres of major new works including UNNATURAL ACTS: HARVARD’S SECRET COURT OF 1920, conceived and directed by CSC Associate Artistic Director Tony Speciale; David Ives’ acclaimed VENUS IN FUR, which starred brilliant newcomer Nina Arianda and was named one of the 10 Best Productions of 2010 by The New York Times; as well as Ives’ NEW JERUSALEM starring Richard Easton, Fyvush Finkel and Jeremy Strong, both directed by Walter Bobbie; AN ORESTEIA featuring brilliant new translations by Anne Carson; and Yasmina Reza’s A SPANISH PLAY starring four-time Tony Award-winner Zoe Caldwell.
• Our Chekhov Initiative to present the Russian master’s major works, including Emmy Award-winner John Turturro and Academy Award-winner Dianne Wiest in THE CHERRY ORCHARD; THREE SISTERS starring Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jessica Hecht, Juliet Rylance and Peter Sarsgaard, and UNCLE VANYA featuring Denis O’Hare and much of the same cast, both directed by Austin Pendleton (Obie Award for THREE SISTERS); and Dianne Wiest and Alan Cumming in the unforgettable THE SEAGULL.
• Sold-out Special Series, including the OPEN REHEARSAL SERIES and FIRST LOOK FESTIVAL, which have brought together an extraordinary constellation of theatre artists including F. Murray Abraham, Andre Brauer, Blair Brown, Kathleen Chalfant, Brian Cox, Richard Easton, Ron Leibman, John Mahoney, Frances McDormand, Kate Mulgrew, Alison Pill, Martha Plimpton, Michael Stuhlbarg and John Turturro.
• The YOUNG COMPANY Education and Outreach Initiative, which brings classical theatre to underserved New York City public schoolchildren through interactive in-school workshops and dynamic professional performances specially designed for young audiences. This unique collaboration with the Graduate Acting Program of the Columbia University School of the Arts has brought Shakespeare’s AS YOU LIKE IT, TWELFTH NIGHT, ROMEO AND JULIET, THE TAMING OF THE SHREW, A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM, and the plays of Molière to nearly 10,000 students since its inception.
Thank you for supporting CSC!
Classic Stage Company is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Your donation, less the value of goods and services, is tax-deductible.